At Haven Youth, we believe that all kinds of people belong in God’s family.
We exist to help middle school and high school students explore the intersection of culture, identity, and Jesus. Our ministry is coordinated by Pastor Elliott Siu, who has a Masters of Divinity, Masters in Counseling, and a passion for those who have been overlooked and marginalized in traditional church settings. Find a safe haven and discover God’s purpose for you.
Our Goal: to develop youth into disciples of Jesus who are committed to living for Him both inside and outside the church.
Our Foundations (Acts 2:42-47):
1. Worship. Authentic, community-led corporate praise.
2. Spiritual Formation. Gospel-centered Bible teaching focused on daily life change.
3. Fellowship. An accepting, diverse, come-as-you-are community based on personal relationships with staff and youth.
4. Service. Making God’s glory known to the Church and community through sacrificial giving of time and energy.
5. Evangelism. Personal responsibility for sharing the Gospel, with equipping and stories of evangelism.
A typical Friday Night:
• Games. Fellowship! Builds relationships, creates trust, lowers walls.
• Worship. Led by youth and youth leaders.
• Message. Pastor Elliott, guest speaker, or video series addressing current events.
• Small groups. Led by Counselors, focused on life application of messages, students being heard and prayed for by counselors, and by each other.
• Snacks and hangout. Ministry in the in-between.
Elliott is a pastor with an assortment of experiences in multicultural, cross-denominational settings. He loves finding fresh ministry ideas and places in the Church for the marginalized.
• Masters of Divinity. Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
• Masters in Counseling Ministry. Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
• B. A. Christian Education Ministry, Minors in Biblical Studies and Philosophy. Biola University.